While my husband has been gone and I have been with out a job my laziness increases by the minute.
I find myself actually getting ready less and less. Most days I just throw on work out clothes and do my errands. Thankfully showering hasn’t gone out the window yet.
My husbands side of the bed has been overtaken with clothes that I am too lazy to put away.
I stay up until at least 2am and dont get out of bed until 10.
When cleaning I do the bare minimum (if you know me you know this isn’t me!)
Movies have become my husband. I think the people at AMC might know be by name now.
My favorite part of the day is when I get out of the house to workout. WHO HAVE I BECOME!
I found myself aimlessly searching facebook at 2am last night. I started to drift into “people I went to school with years ago but I don’t want to friend them because I was never really friends with them” (you know what i mean). Clicking through acquaintance through acquaintance I caught myself thinking “why can’t I look cute like her” or “I love her style I could never pull that off”.
I don’t consider myself to have my own style or even have somewhat of a unique style. I am pretty much your run of the mill type girl. I shop at Target and any other place I can get cheap clothes. After about an hour of wishing I was someone else I realized that each one of these styles works for these women because they own it. Not because their body is the perfect shape or because they are as pretty as a Victoria Secret model. So while I can try to pretend to be someone else…someone who is edgy, hip, or feminine I can actually own what I wear and stop caring about being someone who I am not.
Just my thought :)
- They have monkeys as pets instead of dogs (definitely was shocked in the gas station with this one)
- Even though it is 30 degrees outside people are dressed like its 50
- The locals say pop instead of soda
- It gets dark at 4pm and doesn’t get light until 8am
the list will be continued I’m sure…
1. Getting a short phone call from my husband. Even though it was strictly business it was still nice to hear his beautiful voice.
2. Two beautiful friends making the ultimate commitment to each other.
3. Playing teacher for my friend since I am the veteren in marriage (if you catch my drift).
4. Karaoke bars…enough said.
5. Gift wrapping…call me crazy but the presentation makes the gift 10x’s better.
1. The guy in Costco talking to me about gift wrapping and then hitting on me.
2. Shedding a tear in the card isle of Target while reading sentimental holiday cards.
3. When attending a rated R movie me and my friend were asked for our Id’s…when we asked if we looked younger than 17 he replied “you look like you could have just graduated high school.”
4. Stick on bra’s…no one tells you how bad it hurts to take them off.
5. Bachelorette Parties on a wednesday night…we rocked it though.